Wednesday 27 June 2012

BATTLE OF THE UNDER EYE BRIGHTENERS

Hey dolls today I wanted to compare 2 under eye brighteners  I have in my collection right now. I have had the famous YSL Touche Eclat on my wish list for years and years but the $50 price tag keeps making me put it back before getting to the register. So I keep on looking for cheaper alternatives..here are 2 of them:)


LOREAL MAGIC LUMI VS. SMASH BOX PHOTO OP


LOREAL MAGIC LUMI - this product has the same consistency as a liquid concealer and works amazing at brightening my under eyes. I mainly use it over my regular concealer, applying in in a V shape under my eyes then patting it in although sometimes in a hurry I just wear it alone and it might not cover dark circle completely it still brightens/lightens that area. 
NOTHING
LOREAL MAGIC LUMI ALONE
LOREAL MAGIC LUMI OVER CONCEALER (MAC SELECT COVER UP)
SMASHBOX PHOTO OP- Ok maybe I need to play around with this one, read reviews or go ask a person working in Sephora but Im confused on this product. It does have a golden sheen to it but its so wet even greasy that patting it in takes a long time. It does seem to brighten some but I think its just light hitting the wetness under my eyes..hmm maybe I can find a better use for this product.
NOTHING
SMASHBOX PHOTO OP UNDER EYE BRIGHTENER
PHOTO OP OVER CONCEALER (MAC SELECT COVER-UP)

Over these 2 I would definitely choose the one from Loreal. I think its amazing and I use it everyday whether over my concealer or alone just to make me look more awake while running my kids to the school bus. At this point I wouldn't recommend the under eye brightener by Smashbox because I personally dont like the super wet consistency and it doesn't lighten my under eyes as much..but like I mentioned above I may not be using right.


Sara xo

1 comment:

  1. smashbox has a lot of hit and miss products, it seems! I have wanted to try the touch eclat forever. there is something about the luxe packaging that just makes me WANT it! but like you, I am scared to drop $50 on a product I may or may not like!!

    CHECK OUT MY CoverFX GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete